- Community Resources
- Dog Licensing
Dog licenses are no longer available for purchase at Walker City Hall.
Purchasing of Dog Licenses
Dog licenses may be purchased in person at any of the following locations:
- The Kent County Animal Shelter, located at 740 Fuller Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
- The Humane Society of West Michigan, located at 3077 Wilson Avenue NW, Walker, MI 49534.
- The Kent County Treasurer's office, located at 300 Monroe Avenue NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
- Any participating local veterinarian's office.
Online Purchasing: Dog licenses may also be purchased online here. Online participants must have the ability to scan and attach required documentation.
- Michigan law requires that all dogs 4 months of age or older be licensed. The Kent County Animal Shelter administers the dog licensing program for all of Kent County Michigan, including the City of Walker.
- Newly acquired dogs must be licensed within 30 days. Also, new residents to the City of Walker and/or Kent County must purchase a license within 30 days of their move.
- Dog license fees are discounted for dogs that have been spayed or neutered.
- Dog license fees are discounted for senior citizens. In order to qualify, a person must be 62 years of age or older and be able to provide identification showing date of birth.
- Dog licenses must be purchased on an annual basis. However, recent changes in the licensing program allow for the potential to purchase a three-year license. Further details, including license fees, are available through the Kent County Animal Shelter at 616-632-7300 or by visiting their website.