Frank joined the City of Walker staff in July 2004 to serve as Planning Director. Since that time, Frank has helped to design, create and direct the Walker Community Development Department, which encompasses all functions related to building and trade inspections, zoning administration, Planning Commission projects and master plan updates. Frank accepted the position of Assistant City Manager in August of 2014. He has retained the title of Community Development Director as part of his managerial responsibilities. Frank works with the City Manager to refine city efforts aimed at strategic planning, capital improvements, process and decision transparency, community engagement and departmental accountability.
Frank’s professional background includes the following:
- Adjunct Professor – Grand Valley State University (GVSU) Master of Public Administration program. 2009-2011.
- Planning Director – Alpine Township. Kent County, Michigan. 1998-2004.
- York Creek Watershed Project Manager – GVSU Annis Water Resources Institute. 1997-1998.
- Project Manager, Grand River Greenway Natural and Cultural Features Inventory – Ottawa County Parks Commission / Day and Associates. 1997-1998.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist – Butterworth / Spectrum. Grand Rapids, Michigan. 1994-1999.
Frank’s educational background includes the following:
- Master of Public Administration. GVSU. 2002.
- Bachelor of Science – Magna Cum Laude. Natural Resources Management. GVSU. 1997.
- Associate of Applied Science. Respiratory Therapy. Moraine Valley Community College. Palos Hills, Illinois. 1992.
- St. Laurence High School. Illinois State Scholar. Burbank, Illinois. 1987.