My name is Roxanne Deschaine and I am honored to be serving as a Walker City Commissioner. I am one of two commissioners representing the 2nd Ward, and my family and I reside at 2621 Meadow Woods Drive, NW.
I am employed at ODL Incorporated and have a strong background in Purchasing, Planning, and Supply Chain Management. My company's focus, as well as my own, is "customer satisfaction, processes with results, maintaining the highest ethical standard, and to focus on integrity in the conduct of our business!" As a Commissioner, I will implement this same philosophy when serving the people/community of Walker.
Although I started my Commissioner role in November of 2017, I have always been active in the Walker Community. My Grandmother always said, "If you want to become involved in your community, volunteer!" Well, I took her words to heart because I have been serving on committees for the great City of Walker since 2002. Serving first on the Walker Festival Committee where I eventually became the chair. This role provided a great opportunity for me to meet and interact with the wonderful citizens and businesses of Walker. I then had the privilege to serve on the Walker Youth Commission. I especially enjoy interacting with Walker's young adults to help nurture and develop their involvement in the City of Walker and its government! Both committees have been very rewarding experiences.
As a City Commissioner, I am committed to:
- Ensuring adequate Police and Fire Production
- Protecting your Walker Tax Dollars
- Making local roads and intersections safer
- Preserving green space
- Keeping Walker "Business" Friendly
In addition to my City Commission seat, I am actively serving/involved on the following Walker committees:
- Finance Committee
- Emergency Planning Committee
- Walker Youth Commission
- Personnel Committee - Alternate
- City of Walker/KDL: Community Center/Library/WIFC Building Committee
- Adopt a Road Program - The Deschaine Family is proud to be part of this wonderful program.
Family / Personal:
- Married to Charles Deschaine, the former 2nd Ward City Commissioner
- Two Daughters
- Ava Deschaine - Attends Kenowa Hills High School
- Abbey Longstreth (married to her husband Jeff and have two daughters, Kylen and Rory)
- Big Red Dog (Golden Doodle) named Oscar
- I enjoy running through the 2nd Ward of Walker with Oscar!
- If you see us, please feel free to wave and say hello!
- Spending time with family and friends.
- Running 5K runs, and training for 10K races
- Making Walker the best it can be for its residents!
- Member of St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church.
I can be contacted at 616-885-4191, or through my City of Walker email. Feel free to follow me on Facebook @Rox.Deschaine or Twitter Rox_Deschaine
2nd Ward Commissioner